Housekeeping Jobs – transitioning from housekeeping to serving people
About the Position
Do you want a fulfilling career helping others and know at the end of each shift that you’ve made a difference? Have you been laid off due to COVID? Do you have a passion for caring for others? A caregiving role with Adulthood Assistance could be a perfect fit!
Many of our most successful candidates are those who are switching to a caregiving career path from hospitality or housekeeping jobs or similar work. A lot of these same skills will carry over to an in-home care provider role, plus you get the benefit of working for a company that believes in your professional development and career growth.
As a caregiver, you will be responsible for working directly with our senior clients in their home. Our caregivers experience a range of duties and responsibilities each day, from providing companionship to medication reminders to help with household chores or personal care.
We provide a very important service to our clients and their families because we help them remain in their homes in situations where they might otherwise have to go to a nursing home or assisted living facility. Because of our dedication to caring for their health and safety, more seniors can live with more independence and enjoy a higher quality of life.
If you’re ready to make a difference in someone else’s life and feel good about the work you do, keep reading to learn more about this job opportunity:
All Adultcare Assistance employees are eligible for benefits and job perks:
- COMPETITIVE PAY
- One of the highest starting wages for CAN caregiver jobs
- Signing bonus
- Unlike some Certified Nursing Assistant jobs in AZ, we DO pay the employers portion of employment taxes.
- MERIT BASED RAISES
- 90-day review
- Bi-annual reviews
- REFERRAL PROGRAM
- $750 bonus for 3 caregiver or CNA jobs referrals
- $250 bonus for each caregiver or CNA jobs referral
- PAID TIME OFF (PTO)
- DEVELOPMENT and CAREER GROWTH
- Paid Welcome Aboard Training
- Paid Training
- Several employees have been promoted from their caregiver jobs to other positions within the organization.
- Company gatherings and team building events.
- Nursing Assistant’s roundtable discussions for improving our care to seniors.
- NO PAPERWORK or SIGNATURES
- Smartphone time tracking app
- MANAGER ON-CALL 24/7
- Get help with emergencies or questions
Responsibilities may vary from day to day and can include any of the following:
- MAINTAIN INDEPENDENCE:
- Drive seniors to appointments, meetings, and church services.
- Help seniors go shopping at their local market
- Go to lunch or grab an ice cream with your client
- RESTORE DIGNITY
- Keep your client beautiful assisting with bathing and grooming
- Incontinence care management to avoid embarrassment
- Light housekeeping to reduce stress at home
- KEEP HEALTHY
- Maintain vitality through meal preparation
- Avoid hospital readmissions with medication reminders
- Keep seniors out of danger with memory care safety
- SUPPORT OTHERS
- Assist with physical therapy exercises
- Be the eyes and ears for hospice care
- Report changes in condition
Successful candidates will be able to meet the following requirements:
- HEART FOR SENIORS:
- Have a genuine desire to work with seniors
- ABILITY TO WORK:
- 4-hour to 12-hour shifts in your area
- Optional overtime often available
- SENIOR SAFETY:
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass drug screening test
- Negative TB test
- Reliable Car
- Proof of auto insurance
- Valid Driver’s License
Consider these Caregiver Jobs vs Housekeeping Jobs
About Adultcare Assistance
Adultcare Assistance is a locally owned and operated in-home senior caregiving service in Arizona, serving Phoenix, Tucson, Sun City, and many other communities. We opened our doors in 1996 to provide an alternative solution for seniors and their families when they could no longer fully care for themselves. Now as the senior population is growing and our industry is in high demand, we’re becoming less of an alternative and more of a go-to choice for seniors who want to remain in their homes.
We have been recognized by Ranking Arizona Magazine as the #1 in-home senior caregiving service in the state, as well as numerous other awards and accolades through the years. We don’t take this recognition lightly, as we know it’s because of our high caliber of care that we provide to the families we serve that have earned us this reputation.
We are currently recruiting individuals with caregiving experience or who have worked hospitality or housekeeping jobs in the past to join our fast-growing team. Come join us and discover a rewarding career path that provides job security, schedule flexibility, and a way to give back to others.